The NCP Accredited Diploma in Equine Facilitated Human Development
This course is for those wishing to professionally master the art of Equine Facilitated Human Development (EFHD) with groups. It is the second stage of training after completion of FTP01, and focuses on training facilitators to work with groups as well as individuals.
This course is suitable for mental health professionals, professional business coaches and consultants, equine professionals, health and well-being practitioners and those who wish to develop a professional practice in EFHD.
This is a part time programme and it is taught through a combination of on-site modules and distance learning elements, typically delivered over a 5 month period. The modules are delivered in two blocks of five days onsite training with the IFEAL Q faculty.
Written assignments, reflective journals, workshop assistance, a reading list, horsemanship theoretical and practical assignments, a supervised 2 day workshop and a focus on practical skills work.
You can see the full faculty profiles on this page. All IFEAL faculty are experienced in EFHD and bring many different skills and knowledge to the courses.
There is a high student to faculty ratio, typically at a 2:1 faculty member to student ratio, ensuring you get the 1:1 time you need.
In addition to this, one of the faculty becomes your dedicated mentor, who you have 1:1 calls with during the course. You are also in a mentorship group with your mentor and at least 2 other students for tutorials and group calls.
- Human psychology: the neuroscience and psychological principles behind human development.
- Clinical and wellbeing assessment protocols for the formulation of relevant EFHD treatment plans and to evidence the clients change process. (IFEAL collates qualified EFHD facilitator client data for research in order to prove efficacy of IFEAL methodology).
- Facilitation skills and human change processes with focus on client’s safety, stabilisation, regulation and containment – key functions of successful sustainable human development and change.
- Group dynamics; managing groups (and conflict) safely.
- Equine psychology, behaviour, ethology and welfare and relational horsemanship skills.
- EFHD: the tools, techniques and applications of working with horses as co-sentient partners for human development and change
- Supervision, mentoring, assessment and mapping of Facilitator’s own personal and professional development and accountability
IFEAL Q is currently the only organisation to offer EFHD training courses that blends these seven key disciplines together into a powerful training modality that safely and professionally facilitates human growth and change.
National Council of Psychotherapists
The course is professionally accredited with the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP) and is on the NCP Approved Training Courses list. Our course has met all the requirements including a minimum number of classroom training hours, supervision during and after training, opportunities for group interaction, the chance for students to experience and practise the intervention taught on the course and the regulations regarding minimum number of core staff, complaints procedures, continual assessment, Code of Ethics, insurance and feedback systems therefore ensuring student welfare and graduate professional credibility.
This also means that students can become members of the NCP and work towards the advancing professional membership categories. The NCP ensure that all their registered members have full insurance, supervision and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and agree to a code of ethics in regards to clients thus ensuring the highest standards for client welfare.
Standards for Assisted and Facilitated Equine Professionals (SAFE Professionals)
SAFE Professionals promotes Practitioner standards in regards to the quality of qualifications, levels of CPD, supervision, insurance and professional membership and the equine code of ethics, in order to promote the best standards in client care and equine welfare and wellbeing.
- Become a professional EFHD Group Workshop Facilitator.
- Gain the NCP Accredited Diploma in Equine Facilitated Human Development (Dip. EFHD).
- Add a new dimension and increase your earning potential in your professional practice through running workshops.
- Learn on a course which has professional accreditation, which ensures a high quality learning experience.
- Become a member of Standards for Assisted and Facilitated Equine Professionals (SAFE Professionals) (MSAFE) and have a SAFE Professionals website directory listing.
- Become a professional member of National Council of Psychotherapists (MNCP).
- Learn more about yourself and grow as a person.
- Be on the forefront of this exciting and evolving field.
- Learn with a diverse, passionate and dedicated faculty.
- Learn in a friendly and supportive environment from professional facilitators.
- Make meaningful connections with your cohort and become part of a network of practicing professionals.
- Gain a new level of equine understanding and relational horsemanship skills.
- Next step onto further learning on our more advanced courses.
- Complete a professional qualification which works around your other family, work and life commitments.
Each cohort has a limited number of places, with no more than 12 students attending. This gives more participation time for each individual and enables the course to be more responsive to the students’ needs.
The horses’ fields come right up to the classroom and it is not unusual to have a horse’s head through the window during class time. The horses live in a free ranging herd, with open shelter available. The welfare and wellbeing of the horses is of paramount importance to us, and you can find out more here about our equine philosophy.
Lunches are provided on the course and are supplied by the local organic and biodynamic farm. All food is vegetarian and other dietary requirements are catered for. All refreshments are included, with a range of teas, coffee, biscuits and fruit available.