Diploma – Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology
A systematic evidence based approach
Starts Spring 2018 – please register your interest now as places are limited to 12 places, Click Here to contact us.
This course will cover the below:
- Definitions and types CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- Assessment and formulation of differential diagnosis of CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- Theory and application of psychotraumalogical frameworks in the context of the neuroscience, dissociation and the psycho-pharmacology of CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- An evidence based Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology Model for CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- Trauma focused resource facilitation skills for safety, stabilisation, regulation and containment of comorbidities: i) Mood disorders ii) Traumatic nightmares iii) Suicide ideation.
- Understanding equine psychology, behaviour, ethology and welfare. The theoretical considerations of the ethical standards for equines working with humans.
- Relational horsemanship skills: The tools, techniques and applications of working with horses as co-sentient partners for human development and change.
- Personal and professional development: Supervision, mentoring, assessment and mapping of facilitator’s own personal and professional development alongside accountability of the ethical considerations of clients.
- Critical self-reflexive mind-body based practice: developing self-awareness for both clients and facilitators.
This is a part time programme and it is taught through a combination of on-site modules and distance learning elements, typically delivered over a year. The modules are delivered in blocks of three-five days onsite training with the IFEAL Q faculty.
Written assignments, practical assignments, reflective journals, a reading list, horsemanship theoretical and practical assignments, client hours, a supervised workshop and a focus on practical skills work.
You can see the full faculty profiles on this page. All IFEAL faculty are experienced in EFHD and bring many different skills and knowledge to the courses.
There is a high faculty to student ratio, typically at a 1:3 faculty member to student ratio, ensuring you get the 1:1 time you need.
In addition to this, one of the faculty becomes your dedicated mentor, who you have 1:1 calls with during the course. You are also in a mentorship group with your mentor and other students for tutorials and group calls.
Our course attracts individuals from all a variety of different backgrounds , from mental health professionals, professional business coaches and consultants, equine professionals, health and well-being practitioners and those who wish to develop a professional practice in EFPT. Our students travel from all over the world to attend, past students have come from Spain, Austria, South Africa, Lebanon, all over England, Wales and Scotland. The course format works well for those travelling from further afield due to the 3-5 days blocks with distance learning in-between. The minimum age to attend the IFEAL Q courses is 21, and we have had students whose ages range from anywhere between 23 to 72.
Each cohort has a limited number of places, with no more than 12 students attending. This gives more participation time for each individual and enables the course to be more responsive to the students’ needs.
The horses’ fields come right up to the classroom and it is not unusual to have a horse’s head through the window during class time. The horses live in a free ranging herd, with open shelter available. The welfare and wellbeing of the horses is of paramount importance to us, and you can find out more here about our equine philosophy.
Lunches are provided on the course and are supplied by the local organic and biodynamic farm. All food is vegetarian and other dietary requirements are catered for. All refreshments are included, with a range of teas, coffee, biscuits and fruit available.
- Year 3 – Advanced Diploma in EFPT Advanced Diploma in EFPT
Deposit and Registration payable ASAP to confirm your place on the course.
All fees can be paid in advance to receive the early bird discount or can be split across the course payable as above.
5% discount available if full fees paid by end March 2018.
We are a Professional and Career Development Loans registered Learning Provider, registration number 01-21191
A Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial loan that you can use to help pay for work-related learning. For further information on financial assistance to support your learning and eligibility, please visit the GOV.UK website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900.