A systematic evidence based approach for CPTSD, PTSD and Trauma
Starts Autumn 2017 – please register your interest now as places are limited to 12 places, Click Here to contact us.
This course will cover the below:
- Definitions and types CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- Assessment and formulation of differential diagnosis of CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- Theory and application of psychotraumalogical frameworks in the context of the neuroscience, dissociation and the psycho-pharmacology of CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- An evidence based Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology Model for CPTSD, PTSD & Trauma.
- Trauma focused resource facilitation skills for safety, stabilisation, regulation and containment of comorbidities: i) Mood disorders ii) Traumatic nightmares iii) Suicide ideation.
- Understanding equine psychology, behaviour, ethology and welfare. The theoretical considerations of the ethical standards for equines working with humans.
- Relational horsemanship skills: The tools, techniques and applications of working with horses as co-sentient partners for human development and change.
- Personal and professional development: Supervision, mentoring, assessment and mapping of facilitator’s own personal and professional development alongside accountability of the ethical considerations of clients.
- Critical self-reflexive mind-body based practice: developing self-awareness for both clients and facilitators.