To apply for a workshop and CPD, please Contact Us. There is no entry requirements for workshops, the below requirements only apply to applications for the Facilitator Training Programmes. No horse experience is required for workshops.
What perquisite courses must I do?
In order to start the facilitator training, students must complete the prerequisite process which is the equivalent of 3 days. This can be done through attending workshops run by IFEAL Q or IFEAL Q Faculty members, and can also include individual EFHD sessions with an IFEAL Q Faculty member.
These prerequisites give the faculty a chance to meet and assess the student’s suitability for the course and to act as a personal development opportunity for the student before embarking on the training. Additionally, students draw on their prerequisite experience as part of their training studies.
To find out more about training, prospective students can have a free telephone or Skype consultation to check suitability of the courses, discuss specific needs and address any questions.
Please click here to arrange your consultation.
What previous training, qualifications or certificates do I need to start the training?
No previous psychological or equine training qualification is required in order to become an IFEAL EFHD Facilitator.
In order to work with specialist client groups you need to have specialist training, for example with young people. Additionally, only clinically qualified practitioners can work with mental health clients and only trauma and PTSD qualified practitioners can work with trauma and PTSD clients.
Do I need to own horses to do the training?
All applicants must either own their own horse(s) or have routine access to a particular horse in order to practice with the horse throughout the training period and have at least three years or 2,000 hours of horse experience; these are essential requirements for this course. This experience can include owning horses, riding lessons, participation in show circuits, instructing and/or training etc. We will consider applications from individuals who are fully committed to the training but who need additional support in their horsemanship.
Is the training right for me?
Due to the physical and psychologically demanding nature of EFHD, applicants must be physically fit, mentally and emotionally stable and exhibit a level of personal maturity. The programme is designed for people who have already started to move beyond a survival orientation to a creative, emotionally vital thriving lifestyle. People with a history of mental illness may want to consider whether this programme is appropriate for them. Those who have processed significant life challenges with professional therapeutic support are encouraged to apply.
For full information about fees, please click here.
If you are interested in training with IFEAL Qualifications then the application process is as follows:
- Contact us to arrange your free consultation.
- Complete the prerequisite workshop process.
- Complete an application form. Applications can be made after completing your first workshop, but students will not be fully accepted until all the prerequisites have been met and they have a formal letter of acceptance. A non-refundable application fee is payable on submission of your application to the course.
- Interview with IFEAL Faculty member. After the application form has been received, along with the application fee, prospective students may be invited for an interview with a member of the faculty. This is done either by Skype or telephone. The purpose of the interview is for both the student and the faculty to ensure that the course is right for the student, that the student has the necessary information and support and to give both parties a clearer sense of whether the level of mutual commitment required by a programme such as this is a viable undertaking.
- Receive a letter of acceptance.
- Secure place with a deposit or full fee payment (discount for those that pay in advance). Once the deposit or fees have been received, the student is fully enrolled and will receive all their pre-study materials.