FAQs for workshops
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your session/workshop
- Please switch your mobile phone off during your session or workshop.
Mobile signals are inconsistent at Hale Court Farm.
- Please wear hard shoes or boots and bring layers and waterproof wear or sun hat, sun glasses and sun cream.
- You may want to bring a journal for making notes, though manuals and all working materials are provided.
- Tea, coffee and light refreshments are available
- Lunch is provided for all workshops and is vegetarian organic or biodynamic where possible.
- Manuals and all working materials are provided.
It is not possible to work with the horses if you have had high quantities of alcohol or caffeine in the last 48 hours and/or you have taken recreational drugs in the last few weeks.
All courses and workshops are based at Hale Court Farm, Beech Green Lane, Withyham, East Sussex, TN7 4DD.
Hale Court Farm can be accessed from North or South by Beech Green Lane.
Please note that sat navs only take you half way down the drive. Please see full directions below in addition to a sat nav.
From East Grinstead, follow the A264 towards Tunbridge Wells for just under 7 miles. There is a pub on your left called the Sussex Oak and then a slight downhill around a right hand bend and then the road starts bending around to the left and there is a right hand turning into Beech Green Lane immediately after a warning chevron.
From Tunbridge Wells, follow the A264 towards East Grinstead. A mile after you go through Blackham there will be a tight right hand bend in the road with two warning chevrons on. The turning into Beech Green Lane is then the next turning on the left.
Once you have turned into Beech Green Lane, follow this road for a mile and a half and then turn left by a pond into a lane signposted for Hale Court Farm.
Once you’ve taken the turning into the lane sign posted for Hale Court Farm, carry on down this lane for 3/4 of a mile, keeping to the main part of the lane and bearing right the whole way down until you reach the main part of the farm. There will be a large barn on your left and horse paddocks and sand school on your right. Please follow the lane to the house and turn right into the yard area for parking.
Once you’ve taken the turning into the lane sign posted for Hale Court Farm, carry on down this lane for 3/4 of a mile, keeping to the main part of the lane and bearing right the whole way down until you reach the main part of the farm. There will be a large barn on your left and horse paddocks and sand school on your right. Please follow the lane around to the left (keeping the house and sand school to your right) and park by the oast house.
Below is a list of local accommodation providers – we have not personally stayed in any of these places, this list does not constitute recommendation, although places with * next to them have been recommended by people who have stayed there while on one of our workshops. For a price and distance comparison please have a look at this PDF:Accommodation Comp 2018 or see below for more choice.
- *Little Parrock, Sally and Laurie, Hartfield – 01342 823852
- *Travel Lodge, Tunbridge Wells – 08719 846 381
- *Becketts, Cowden – 01342 850 514
- Starborough Manor, Edenbridge – 01732 862 152
- *June Cottage, Deborah and Tim Watts, Forest Row – 01342 823 171
- Gospel Oak B&B, Andrew & Linda Hawker, Coleman’s Hatch, – 01342 823 840
- The Grange, Bunny & James Murray Willis, Hartfield, – 01892 770 259
- Manor Court Farm, Ashurst – 01892 740279
- Brambletye Hotel, Forest Row – 01342 824 144
- Ashdown Park Hotel, Wych Cross – 01342 824 988
- The Roebuck Hotel, Wych Cross – 01342 823 811
- Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Lingfield – 01342 830930
- The Felbridge Hotel & Spa, East Grinstead – 01342 337700
- Salomon’s Estate Hotel, Tunbridge Wells – 01892 515 152
- Little Cansiron Farm Holiday Cottages & Fishing Holidays, Cansiron Lane, Holtye – 01342 850 739
Tourist Information Centres – for other local accommodation enquiries
Tunbridge Wells – 01892 515 675
Local Websites for more options: