- This event has passed.
An introduction – Myths and Facts about Military Mental Health
10th February 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| £250
IFEAL Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology
By attending this CPD training you will gain knowledge of:
- Myths and facts about combat related Military Mental Health (MMH).
- Military culture and the issues faced in transition from military life to civilian life.
- Trauma and PTSD treatment options for MMH.
- Guidelines when working with or treating veterans.
- The role of horses in treatment of MMH and transition issues.
For further information on our NEW Level 6 Diploma in Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology, please contact email@example.com to register your interest now as places are limited for 2017.
Sun Tui is a leading psychological consultant in the field of Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology who advocates only evidenced based treatment protocols. She is currently doing research at Christ Church Canterbury to evaluate efficacy of interventions that employ horses for human behaviour change that includes a research project for ex and serving military personal. Sun is founder of the Dare to Live Trust, a charity working with military veterans. She has 25 years experience of military life, both as a daughter and wife of an army officer and for a short time a serving soldier herself.
Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology Success Stories
Can horse whispering cure stress? – The Guardian