- This event has passed.
An introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology – the role of the horse in treating Trauma and PTSD
13th July 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm| £250
Introduction to Trauma and CPTSD & PTSD diagnostics, to cover:
- Identifying the pre-disposition and co-morbid elements of Trauma, CPTSD & PTSD.
- Assessment and formulation for a differential treatment plan.
- Triphasic approach for treatment of Trauma, CPTSD & PTSD: Traumagenic fragmentation and disassociation.
- The domains of affect, cognition and sensory somatic.
- The role of horses when treating Trauma, CPTSD & PTSD.
For further information on our NEW Level 6 Diploma in Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology, please contact email@example.com to register your interest now as places are limited for 2017.
Sun Tui is a leading psychological consultant in the field of Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology who advocates only evidenced based treatment protocols. She is currently doing research at Christ Church Canterbury to evaluate efficacy of interventions that employ horses for human behaviour change; that includes a research project for ex and serving military personal. Sun is founder of the Dare to Live Trust, a charity working with military veterans. She has 25 years experience of military life, both as a daughter and wife of an army officer and for a short time a serving soldier herself.
Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology Success Stories
Can horse whispering cure stress? – The Guardian